Sunday, January 4, 2009

A look at our new home




















This is our new home. We live in the town home that is third in from the left, with a front porch that faces out to this beautiful small pond. So far, we love our new neighbors. Jim and Rose, on the end, who've already borrowed us their plunger and installed new ceiling fans in our living room and bedroom for free.  They are 
Christians and attend a church that meet in the YMCA, just a block from our home. We look forward to meeting the rest. ~Rose


3 comments:

Jayson Horror said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi Rose and Joshua This is just a test basically to see if I can post a blog. I tried once without success and lost all the heartfelt comments I wanted to share. This is my 2nd attempt and if I am successful I will share comments again tomorrow. Tamara

Anonymous said...

Hi again, 2nd attempt worked and can't wait until tomorrow:) What gracious neighbors you have to help you in your new home already. I wanted to share a verse that Pastor Tim shared on Sunday. We have probably read or heard it several times before, but is always seems fresh and new when reminded. "For we are God's workmanship created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10 I love the part "God prepared in advance for us to do."

Insight I learned recently about myself: When I came to Christ and was born again--becoming a new creation in Christ Jesus, my "self talk" wasn't reflecting this new self. I was believing lies from my "old self." It has taken a long time for me to realize that is takes self control to make sure my "self talk" does indeed reflect God's truth. Ahhh another fruit of the Spirit: Self Control. Oh how our Heavenly Father is so good and gracious to us. Tamara (not really anonymous)