Thursday, January 29, 2009

have you ever thought, "wow, if only someone saw that?" Two examples:

Yesterday I found myself rushed about, trying to juggle my daily plans with Azariah's sleeping schedule (which consisted of three 30 min. naps instead of his usual two-three 2-3 hour naps). After I started cooking supper his last 30 min nap ended, and he decided he was hungry. Really hungry! So as I was sitting on the couch feeding him, I heard the sound of the food on the stovetop burning to the pans. Picture this: there I was,  nursing Azariah, left arm under his head, with my right leg up on the counter to support the rest of his body, while he kicked over the condiments and I stirred the vegetables and sloppy joes on the stove. (I know mom...). 

Over the past weekend Grandma Donna & Grandpa Bill (Tamara's parents) came to visit us. We had a great time catching up, hearing grandpa's stories, talking (and learning) theology, playing card games, and worshiping in church on Sunday, listening to Grandpa's "Amen's" & "Praise God's." Also, as Grandma tells it, she woke up to Grandpa talking in his sleep sunday morning. Now just picture this, Grandpa laying in bed, and in his deep voice saying, 

"Where's my mommy (Azariah speaking)?" "I don't know where is she (Grandpa responding)?" "She's in the other room (A)." "Well why don't you call for her?" "Say, Mommy...mooommmmy...mooomy!" 

Hilarious. I love you Grandpa!!! 


Grandma and Grandpa brought Azariah a new friend and Dr. Seuss book called, I can read with my eyes shut!

2 comments:

Robert J. Nash said...

Sometimes I have looked around and wondered if I was on Candid Camera!

Keep blogging!
Love, Katie

The four of us said...

haha, I know! It' almost too bad it wasn't caught on tape:)