Tuesday, February 3, 2009

you know you're from Minnesota when....

it's 55 degrees, 15-25 mph winds and you're the only one on the beach.

Alright, so we've been here nearly two months and we haven't been to the beach yet. So Saturday, when there were absolutely no clouds in sight, I pretty much convinced Joshua to take us to the beach. It was supposed to reach 62 degrees by 3 pm, besides we'd been to the coast before when it was chilly, so we figured like last time we'd just dress warm and enjoy being out of the house.  

Wrong! The winds were more like 25 mph than 15, and sand was blowing up and down the coastline, and in our faces. We decided to set up our massive beach umbrella anyways and use it to block the wind. It only blew away once, however, the sand relentlessly blowing in our babies face got real irritating. It's different now, having a baby to consider. So after a half game of Farkle, we picked up and left. 

We plan to go again when there are zero mph winds.


4 comments:

[ruth anjali esther] said...

cute :) and I thought of you guys when I saw my FL friends facebook status as "trying to survive the Florida cold" And I realized it was only 50. That sounds so warm right now! I'm glad you are doing well and enjoying the sunny weather!

[ruth anjali esther] said...

cute :) and I thought of you guys when I saw my FL friends facebook status as "trying to survive the Florida cold" And I realized it was only 50. That sounds so warm right now! I'm glad you are doing well and enjoying the sunny weather!

Anonymous said...

Just wait until it's warm again, you will want a little breeze - not 25 mph though! John was in the Haines City area that day, trying to fish a tournament in those winds. He said the same thing... much higher than expected!
Love y'all!

Robert J. Nash said...

You know it was 10 below zero this morning so I am not sure I feel sorry for you...except for sand in your faces that is never good:)
Katie